Executive and Communications Assistant - Office of the Superintendent
Posted: July 28th, 2017Office of the Superintendent About Richmond Christian School Richmond Christian School is one of the largest Christian schools in B.C., serving over 1,000 students between our elementary, middle, and secondary campuses. Our mission is to provide a quality, Christ-centred education that equips all students to joyfully serve Christ in all aspects of life. We strive to make RCS a place where families are connected, students are challenged, staff are valued, and lives are changed. The opportunity We are looking for a friendly, motivated, creative, and organized individual to provide administrative and communications support to the Office of the Superintendent and the Board of Directors. Responsibilities
- Manage the Superintendent’s calendar and correspondence. This will include reviewing, drafting, and forwarding emails, managing meetings and appointments in Outlook, coordinating with other meeting attendees, creating agenda packages for board meetings, taking notes and minutes, and following up as necessary.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Office of the Superintendent. This will include conducting research, building reports, obtaining quotes, communicating with external partners and liaisons, creating presentations, making travel arrangements, processing expense claims, anticipating problems, recommending solutions, performing front-desk reception duties, updating and maintaining RCS employee handbooks, updating school calendars, and performing other clerical duties as assigned. This may also include other occasional administrative support for senior management, including the Development Director and Finance Director.
- Manage records and communication for the Board of Directors and Committees. This will include recording and managing meeting minutes, drafting and managing correspondence, and updating and maintaining the RCS Policy Manual.
- Assist with parent and alumni engagement through storytelling. This will include writing assigned pieces for parent newsletters, assisting with taking event photos, editing materials for the website, contributing to the RCS social media channels, and identifying other engagement opportunities.
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
- The ability to calmly juggle, prioritize, and execute a variety of administrative tasks while attending to the fine details.
- The foresight to anticipate challenges and suggest and implement creative solutions.
- The ability to keep yourself and others organized.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- A proven record of exercising good judgement and tact, demonstrating integrity, and maintaining confidentiality.
- The ability to take initiative and see a project through to completion.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- An excellent grasp of written and spoken English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of related experience.
- A life that exemplifies Jesus Christ on and off campus, a dedication to servant leadership, and a commitment to uphold the mission of Richmond Christian School.
- Experience with WordPress and Adobe InDesign.
- Experience writing stories and articles for publication.
- Photography and photo editing skills.
- Hours: 8 a.m.–4 p.m., Monday to Friday, including attendance in Board of Directors and FARM meetings which occur on evenings and occasional weekends.
- This is a permanent position of approximately 42 weeks from mid-August to June 30.
Email Roger Grose at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A resume
- A cover letter
- Three references
- A professional writing sample
- A 250-word testimony of your Christian faith journey
While we truly appreciate your interest in Richmond Christian School, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.