Richmond Christian School is located in Richmond BC, a suburb of Vancouver. The school exists on three campuses; Elementary, Middle and Secondary. With over one thousand students and 160 faculty and staff, RCS is well known and respected for providing a quality Christ-centred education. We recently celebrated our 60th Anniversary and anticipate continued growth and development.
RCS is pleased to provide a salary grid that is competitive with the local school district, a strong pension plan, and other perks and benefits, such as a three-week Christmas vacation, Master’s bursary program, and an employee laptop purchase plan, which support the school’s mission and values. RCS embraces the BC Education Plan and strives to be a collaborative and innovative learning community. Salaries and benefits for the various postings are commensurate with education and experience.
Interested in joining our team? Email your Resume and Statement of Faith to the respective campus Principals.
Posting Date: June 22, 2019
Closing Date: October 31, 2019
It is the mission of Richmond Christian School, in obedience to the infallible Word of God and led by His Spirit, to provide a quality, Christ-centred education, equipping all students to joyfully serve Christ in all aspects of life. We strive to make RCS a place where families are connected, students are challenged, staff are valued and lives are changed.
Richmond Christian School celebrated its 62nd anniversary this year. Born of Christian Reformed roots in 1957 in a humble lean-to attached to the side of a church, and later growing and building separate facilities that would become our present-day Elementary campus in 1985. In 1992, the Lord provided the opportunity for RCS to amalgamate with Seacliff Christian and the new RCS was born. RCS is now one of the largest Christian schools in B.C., serving over 1,000 students between our pre-school, elementary, middle and secondary campuses.
With our growth and the addition of our new Secondary campus in 2006, we decided to add the role of Superintendent. With overall operational responsibility, our Superintendent acts as the glue between our three campuses, our school community, our greater community and our Board. Having a Superintendent in place has allowed our Board to mature into a full governance model. Today, RCS is blessed with a staff of 165 and an annual operating budget of over $10 million.
You cherish your relationship with Jesus as Lord and Saviour and are led by Him in your daily personal Christian journey. You are also an educator who is passionate about Christian Education. You relish the role of a Christian school as a partner with the home and the church in the spiritual growth of our students’ lives. You have experience with seeing the bigger picture, of building a place where the future of education can thrive, that staff are equipped and empowered to grow and bring that future into the school and the spaces of learning. You’ve worked arm in arm with your Board by collaborating on vision and strategy, and by bringing clarity and priority to the needs of the operation. You bring vitality to your community through strong relationships with your team, families and the community at large.
RCS continues to see strong enrollment interest from our Christian community, so strong that we are blessed with the need to continue growing. We see a future where our school community comes together to support our growth, both spiritually and numerically. The Lord continues to provide for our needs and knows the plans He has for us. We want to meet with Him in this future that He is placing before us – an exciting future of dynamic growth and exploration of meaning and fulfillment of our mission as a growing, well-resourced school for the 21st Century learner.
If this is your story and you can see yourself in this future, we welcome you to submit your application.
- Leads with a pastoral heart and has the capability to shepherd a diverse and competent staff.
- Demonstrates leadership capabilities with a purpose from RCS visions.
- Encourages collaboration and teamwork.
- Stays current with scholastic pedagogy and technology for pre-K to Grade 12.
- Has strong business acumen, knows how to manage risk and demonstrates wisdom in decision making.
- Strong in oral and written communication skills.
- Equipped with strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Proven track record in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experienced in Christian education and has experience as a Principal of a large school.
- Seasoned in leading significant organizational growth.
- Willing to commit to the Richmond Christian School’s mission.
- Master’s degree in Educational Leadership or equivalent graduate degree.
- British Columbia Professional Teachers’ Certificate or transferable equivalent.
- Knowledgeable of the BC Ministry of Education requirements and its relationship to the BC Independent School Act.
- Actively attending and serving in a Bible believing church.
To apply send the following to Simon Tang:
- Cover letter & CV
- Statement of philosophy of Christian education and leadership
- Personal Testimonial
- 3 references
While we truly appreciate your interest in Richmond Christian School, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.