SHORT TERM TUITION ASSISTANCE
April to June 2020
The rapidly changing situation around Coronavirus (Covid-19) and its impact on the economy have caused many businesses and their employees to face financial uncertainty and challenges. RCS understands the importance and priority families place on Christian education. Our hope is that our families remain committed to RCS through this crisis. To assist families who are facing financial difficulties due to job loss, work reduction or other changed situations amidst the Covid-19 pandemic, RCS has set up a short-term tuition assistance program. This short-term program is for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year. For tuition assistance application for 2020-21 school year, please go to the 2020-21 Tuition Assistance section below.
If you have a need for additional financial support beyond tuition assistance, please complete the benevolent form here.
2020-21 TUITION ASSISTANCE
The operation of the Richmond Christian School is primarily funded by tuition fees, donations and Government grants. The school has financial commitments to staff, financial institutions, and other expenses necessary for the proper functioning of the school. Tuition fees accounted for over 50% of the school total funding. As the school strives to provide quality Christ-centred education to its students, the school community wishes to assist those families experiencing temporary financial hardship or those who are unable to pay the full tuition amount. Tuition assistance for families with Kindergarten to Grade 12 students is provided based on available resources in the school’s annual budget and on information provided by the individual families.
The School has engaged an online tool called Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to assist in the tuition assistance processing. FAST neither decides whether tuition assistance should be given nor determines the amount to give. The FAST program provides a need-based financial aid analysis that includes an income verification process. The application process is not meant to be an intrusion into your financial affairs, but will enable the Tuition Assistance Committee (TAC) to give a fair evaluation to all applicants. All information stored in FAST remains confidential. Visa students are not eligible for tuition assistance.
To help the Tuition Assistance Committee review the applications in an equitable manner, the following factors will be taken into consideration:
- Richmond Christian School believes a family should invest in their child’s education before elective expenses, for example, secondary home ownership, club memberships, expensive car leases/purchases, and elaborate vacations.
- In the case of divorce or separation, Richmond Christian School requires both parents to file an application for tuition assistance. In unique circumstances, additional details can be requested by the Tuition Assistance Committee.
- For the purposes of application assessment, the evaluation process includes an imputed annual income for a non-working parent.
Unfortunately, no tuition assistance process is perfect, but we will use our best effort in establishing a fair and equitable process to evaluate all applications.
Tuition Assistance Process
- Access the FAST Program website (Click on the FAST icon above)
- Click on Start Application in the middle of the first page. The online application process is self-guided.
- Complete ALL questions as applicable to your situation.
- Please make sure that your name on the application is as shown on your tax return.
- If you have any questions during the application completion process at anytime, please contact our system provider, FAST Call Centre 1-877-326-FAST (3278) which is open 24/7.
- Submit your tax returns and other requirements directly to F.A.S.T. via the scan option. You may also mail your tax information directly to F.A.S.T. Failure to do so will result in untimely delays in the review process.
- A fee of US$45 is payable online by credit card only. If paying this fee causes a hardship, please contact Mrs. Anita Chiu, Director of Finance, at 604 274 1122 ext 121 or email: email@example.com.
- Partially completed applications can be saved and resume at a later time. Use the above link to resume your FAST application.
- It is important to note that once your application is complete and has been submitted, the application cannot be changed, nor can information be added. Therefore, we recommend that you download and review the application carefully before submission.
- Please be thorough when giving financial details and supporting documentation. It is VERY important to ensure that all questions on the F.A.S.T. Application Form are completed in full and that ALL INCOME and ALL EXPENSES are entered into F.A.S.T. Please note that any incomplete applications will result in untimely delays in the review process and can ultimately result in the denial of an application if insufficient information is given. You, the applicant, are responsible for ensuring that your information is complete.
If you have any concerns or questions about the procedure, please contact Mrs. Anita Chiu, Director of Finance, at 604 274 1122 ext 121 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition Assistance Application Key Dates
March 2, 2020 – Application opens for 2020/2021 school year through F.A.S.T.
June 5, 2020 – Online application must be completed.
June 26, 2020 – Tuition assistance notification letters sent to families.*
September 1, 2020 – All tax returns and documents needed to complete your application must be received by F.A.S.T.
*RCS reserves the right to adjust 2020-21 tuition assistance amount if information in tax documents differ from tuition assistance application.