2023-24 TUITION ASSISTANCE
DEADLINE: April 30, 2023
Applications received after the deadline are subject to availability of tuition assistance funds.
The operation of the Richmond Christian School (RCS) is primarily funded by tuition fees, donations and Government grants. The school has financial commitments to staff, financial institutions, and other expenses necessary for the proper functioning of the school. Tuition fees accounted for over 50% of the school total funding. As the school strives to provide quality Christ-centred education to its students, the school community wishes to assist those RCS families experiencing temporary financial hardship or those who are unable to pay the full tuition amount.
Tuition assistance for RCS families with Kindergarten to Grade 12 students is provided based on available resources in the school’s annual budget and on information provided by the individual families. The number of years that a family may be on tuition assistance will not exceed five years. There is an expectation that the student be in good standing and that the family cooperates with Richmond Christian School, including the submission of requested information on a timely basis. The Tuition Assistance Committee only reviews tuition assistance applications from families with tuition payments that are up-to-date.
The School has engaged an online tool called Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to assist in the tuition assistance processing. FAST neither decides whether tuition assistance should be given nor determines the amount to give. The FAST program provides a need-based financial aid analysis that includes an income verification process. The application process is not meant to be an intrusion into your financial affairs, but will enable the Tuition Assistance Committee (TAC) to give a fair evaluation to all applicants. All information stored in FAST remains confidential. Visa or out-of-province students are not eligible for tuition assistance. Families who have applied to Richmond Christian School may apply for tuition assistance after the receipt of the official acceptance letter from the Admissions Office.
To help the Tuition Assistance Committee review the applications in an equitable manner, the following factors will be taken into consideration:
- Richmond Christian School believes a family should invest in their child’s education before elective expenses, for example, secondary home ownership, club memberships, expensive car leases/purchases, and elaborate vacations.
- In the case of divorce or separation, Richmond Christian School requires both parents to file an application for tuition assistance. In unique circumstances, additional details can be requested by the Tuition Assistance Committee.
- For the purposes of application assessment, the evaluation process includes an imputed annual income for a non-working parent.
Unfortunately, no tuition assistance process is perfect, but we will use our best effort in establishing a fair and equitable process to evaluate all applications.
Tuition Assistance Process
- Access the FAST Program website (Click on the FAST icon above)
- Click on Start Application in the middle of the first page. The online application process is self-guided.
- Complete ALL questions as applicable to your situation.
- Please make sure that your name on the application is as shown on your tax return.
- If you have any questions during the application completion process at anytime, please contact our system provider, FAST Call Centre 1-877-326-FAST (3278) which is open 24/7.
- Submit your tax returns and other requirements directly to F.A.S.T. via the scan option. You may also mail your tax information directly to F.A.S.T. Failure to do so will result in untimely delays in the review process.
- A non-refundable fee of US $53 is payable online by credit card only. If paying this fee causes a hardship, please contact Mrs. Anita Chiu, Director of Finance, at 604 274 1122 ext 121 or email: [email protected].
- Partially completed applications can be saved and resume at a later time. Use the above link to resume your FAST application.
- It is important to note that once your application is complete and has been submitted, the application cannot be changed, nor can information be added. Therefore, we recommend that you download and review the application carefully before submission.
- Please be thorough when giving financial details and supporting documentation. It is VERY important to ensure that all questions on the F.A.S.T. Application Form are completed in full and that ALL INCOME and ALL EXPENSES are entered into F.A.S.T. Please note that any incomplete applications will result in untimely delays in the review process and can ultimately result in the denial of an application if insufficient information is given. You, the applicant, are responsible for ensuring that your information is complete.
If you have any concerns or questions about the procedure, please contact Mrs. Anita Chiu, Director of Finance, at 604 274 1122 ext 121 or email: [email protected].
Tuition Assistance Application Key Dates
March 1, 2023 – Application opens for 2023/24 school year through F.A.S.T.
April 30, 2023 – Online application must be completed.
May 10, 2023 – All tax returns and documents needed to complete your application must be received by F.A.S.T.
June 26, 2023 – Tuition assistance notification letters sent to families.
Note: Review of applications received after April 30, 2023 is subject to availability of tuition assistance funds.